Last Updated November 4, 2015
We may collect information, such as your name and/or email address, that can identify you (“personal information”) and other information that does not identify you. We may collect this information through our website or our mobile application. You authorize us to gather, retain, and analyze data related to the Service. The information you provide through the Service may be sent to servers located in the United States or other countries around the world.
When you register with Q, you will be required to log in via Facebook. If you do so, you authorize us to access certain Facebook account information, such as your public Facebook profile, your email address, interests, likes, gender, birthday, education history, relationship interests, current city, photos, personal description, friend list, and information about and photos of your Facebook friends. The Service will also ask to collect your location information, and the Service may collect and store additional personal information that you provide while using the Service.
We use a variety of technologies to collect information about your actions on our Service and to collect information from your device:
- We collect information automatically from your browser or device when you visit our Service. This data may include your IP address, browser type/language, device ID/type, operating system, access times, geographic location, and referral address.
- The Service may assign your device one or more cookies to enable access to our Service and to personalize your experience. This cookie will enable us to automatically collect information about your actions on the Service, such as the links you click, and which pages you visit. The Service or third parties may use this information to show you advertisements on other sites or applications.
- We may embed pixel tags on web pages, ads, and emails. These invisible images access cookies and track user actions, and they help us understand the popularity of our features. Ad companies also use pixel tags to measure the performance of displayed ads.
- Our mobile application uses mobile device IDs, unique identifiers assigned to devices by the manufacturer, to recognize you. Ad companies may use device IDs to track your use of the app, the number of ads displayed, ad performance, and displaying relevant ads. Device IDs help analytics companies track app usage information.
- Our Service may display advertisements from service providers, advertising companies, and ad networks. These companies collect information about users via tracking technologies such as cookies or web beacons. We will only provide anonymized information to third parties.
Using This Information
We may use the data we collect about you to:
- manage your account and provide customer support;
- analyze and research your use of our or others’ products or services;
- provide and improve our products or services, and manage our business;
- develop, display, and analyze content or advertising according to your interests provided on the Service or on other sites;
- analyze the performance of our website or mobile application;
- perform actions otherwise described to you at the time of collection.
Sharing Your Information
When you register on Q, your profile will be accessible to other users of the Service. They will have access to information you provided us directly or via Facebook, including your Facebook photos, name, gender, and location.
- We may share personal information with third parties that perform services for the Service. These services may involve fulfilling orders, customer service, marketing, business or sales analysis, ad tracking and analytics, member screenings, technical support, and other features offered through the Service. These providers are not permitted to disseminate or make use of this information for any other purposes.
- We may also disclose your personal data:
- As a response to a subpoena or other investigative demand, court order, or request for cooperation from a government agency or law enforcement; to establish or exercise our legal rights; to defend against legal claims; or as otherwise required by law. In such cases, we may raise or waive any legal objection or right available to us.
- In connection with a substantial corporate transaction, such as the sale of our business, a divestiture, merger, consolidation, asset sale, or in the event of bankruptcy
We may share non-personal information during any of the above circumstances, and we may use it to develop or deliver targeted advertising on our Service, websites, or third party applications, and to analyze and report on advertising you see. We may combine non-personal information we collect with additional non-personal information from other sources. We also may share aggregated, non-personal information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers, and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis or other business purposes.
Third Party Websites
Accessing Your Information
Choosing to Provide Information
You may decide not to provide us with certain information, but doing so may disable certain features within the Service. Additionally, the Services may deliver notifications to your mobile device. You may disable them by changing the settings on your device. On your browser, you may delete or prevent cookies by changing your browser settings.
Protecting Your Information
We attempt to safeguard your personal information from unauthorized access and disclosure through a variety of measures. No system, however, can ever be completely secure. Although we implement measures to protect your information, we do not promise, and you should not expect, that your personal information, chats, or other communications will always remain secure. Please exercise vigilance while disclosing your personal information, and avoid sending personal information via insecure email. Please refer to the Federal Trade Commission’s website at http://www.ftc.gov/bcp/menus/consumer/data.shtm for information about how to protect yourself against identity theft.
Public Information in the Service
Our Service is restricted to individuals age 18 and above. We do not knowingly collect, maintain, or use the personal information of those under the age of 18.
Third Party Rights